Syncing enables your health data transfer from your Fitbit tracker to your Fitbit app. Health trackers such as the new Fitbit Charge 3 are devices which you have to link or sync with your smartphones to enjoy their finest potential. There are features that only work if your Fitbit health tracker is synced or connected to your iOS, Android, PC or Mac device. So, when you’re having Fitbit Charge 3 Not Syncing issues, some functionalities of the tracker may not work. So, if your Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync, then it’s important that you troubleshoot your Fitbit Charge 3 so that you can make it work with its optimum ability again.
Syncing happens via Bluetooth connections, and it causes your phone dashboard to stay current with all your daily health statistics. If you are a Fitbit owner, you may occasionally run into the Fitbit Charge 3 Not Syncing issue where your equipment won’t sync to a computer, iPhone, Mac or Android devices. This leads to a condition where your fitness tracker can’t be found. There may be several causes for this Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync malfunction. There are several fixes that can be implemented without any risk to your device.
Troubleshooting Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync Error
With Windows 10 computer
- Your Fitbit device is up-to-date and your computer has the latest version of Windows 10.
- Fitbit Connect isn’t installed.
- The Bluetooth facility on your computer is turned on.
- On Start menu, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Ensure your device is listed with the word “Connected” below.
- In case your device is not connected:
- Click on the device name and select Remove Device.
- Please ensure that your device is close by and you need to wait for it to come up in the devices list.
- Now, click the device again and select Pair. The pairing process takes some time. When done, Bluetooth status changes to “Connected.”
- Next, when you find that your device is connected but Fitbit Charge 3 Not Syncing issue remains, it’s possible that your computer’s Bluetooth is weak or temporarily bad. You may use wireless sync dongle here.
- In case, your Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync after you reinstall the app, login into your account on a different device and try to sync.
- If your Fitbit device is not syncing now, remove all other Fitbit devices from the account of linked Bluetooth machines on your computer and try to sync again.
With Android Devices
- Your cellphone is running the current Android OS version.
- Your Fitbit device and Fitbit app is up-to-date.
- Your phone has the cellular data or Wi-Fi.
- The Bluetooth and location services with permission access are turned on.
- Your phone isn’t looking after other Bluetooth connections such as speakers or headsets with your Fitbit device. Turn them off when not in use to take care of Fitbit Charge 3 Not Syncing issue.
- Your Fitbit Charge 3 device must be charged.
- Force quit the Fitbit Charge 3 app, then open it again.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth to turn the Bluetooth off and back on again.
- Now, here in case your Fitbit Charge 3 doesn’t sync, start it again.
- Open the Fitbit app.
- If your Fitbit does not sync, start your Android phone again.
- Now, open the Fitbit app.
- If your Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
- Open the Fitbit app.
- With your Fitbit Charge 3 Not Syncing, log in to your Fitbit account on another phone and try syncing.
- If your Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your Bluetooth account and try to sync.
With Mac Computer
- Ensure that your Fitbit Connect is installed and your device is connected to your Fitbit account.
- While using Mac you want to sync over Bluetooth, ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
- If you use more than one device turn off Bluetooth on others.
Here, you must ensure that your fitbit.com dashboard displays the time of your last syncing.
- Prompt Fitbit Connect to link with your Mac:
- Click the icon for Fitbit Connect and open Main Menu.
- Click Sync Now with your charged Fitbit device nearby,.
- You may be prompted to sign in to your Fitbit account for Fitbit Charge 3 Not Syncing issue, post which your Mac should sync. If your device cannot be located, wake it up by pressing its button or tapping it.
- If your computer has Bluetooth:
- Turn the Bluetooth off and restart it under System Preferences > Bluetooth. If Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync still, your Bluetooth signal may be bad or temporarily disconnected.
- Next, try using the wireless sync dongle in this case.
- Restart your device.
- If Fitbit Charge 3 Not Syncing again after restart, try to uninstall and again install Fitbit Connect.
- If your Fitbit Charge 3 Won’t Sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and try to again to sync.
If you cannot sync to any phone or tablet or useful devices for your purpose, or your Fitbit Charge 3 device didn’t have a wireless sync dongle, you must contact our Customer service help for express troubleshooting.