In March 2018 Fitbit released its new variant of the Fitbit watches. This variant was released by the name ‘Fitbit Versa’. Fitbit Versa is the successor of Fitbit’s previous Smartwatches, Ionic and Blaze.
Fitbit dashboard – Fitbit dashboard is where the data is stored. The data consists of information such as how long you slept, your step count, challenges you have taken up etc.
Syncing refers to the process which sends the information your device to the Fitbit dashboard.
The plus point here is that you do not need to take on any additional task to speed up the syncing. Users only need to install the Fitbit application on their device and the data will be synced automatically.
What is Fitbit Versa Not Syncing Issue
One of the most recurring problems with Fitbit Versa is that the watch or one of its charges stops syncing to its associated application.
The software on your mobile phone might not be able to detect the Fitbit Versa software for one reason or another. Or due to some compatibility issues, the phone might not be capable of maintaining the connection.
Factors Responsible For The Fitbit Versa Not Syncing –
Below are the detailed reasons for the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ error –
- The Smartphone And The Fitbit Versa Smartwatch Could Be Incompatible –
Old versions of software can result in incompatibility issues. If the software on Fitbit Versa or the phone are outdated, there is a possibility that the devices are not compatible with each other.
- Bluetooth Issue –
The Bluetooth feature on your phone might be impaired. This can often lead to the issue of syncing the Fitbit Versa with the Phone.
- Server Outage –
Server runs the whole programming of the Fitbit Versa Smartwatch. If the server is slow or down, your Smartwatch is bound to run into the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ error. The Smartwatch acting up can slow down the syncing activity.
Also check our post on how to update garming without computer
Restart The Fitbit Versa And The Smartphone You Are Using With The Watch
The foremost thing to do is to try restarting the Fitbit Versa Smartwatch. If things still do not seem to work, go on restarting the phone as well. Turn on the phone, let it stay that way for few seconds and turn it back on.
Restarting the Fitbit Smartwatch does not just hep with Fitbit Versa Not Syncing, it will also fix other issues such as, the Smartwatch not responding to taps and swipes, or if it cannot keep a track of your steps.
A hard reboot to Fitbit ensures that the Fitbit Versa starts syncing again and at the same time it also makes sure that no previous data is deleted or even partly distorted.
- On the charge 3 press and hold the button on the left side of the screen for 8-10 seconds. Once the Fitbit Versa restarts, you will see a smiley on the screen and the Smartwatch tracker will vibrate for a second.
- To restart the Fitbit Versa, simultaneously press and hold the buttons on the bottom and the left one on the side until the Fitbit logo appears on the screen. Let go of the buttons when the Fitbit logo shows on the screen. The process does not take more than 10 seconds.
If the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ error persists, you can go on trying few other tactics.
Update The Software On The Fitbit Versa And On Your Phone
If the software of your Smartwatch is outdated, it is likely that the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ issue will keep cropping up time and again.
Similarly, the older version of the mobile phone software can also result in ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’. Outdated phone software often causes compatibility errors between the phone and the Smartwatch.
- On the Smartphone, go to ‘Settings’, then to ‘General’ and finally on to ‘Software Update’. This updates the software on the mobile phone hence the compatibility feature will be fixed. Make certain that the Smartphone is not low on battery. Charge the phone before proceeding with updating it.
- And for the latest version of the Fitbit Versa, go to the ‘Fitbit’ application on the connected phone and check for updates. If a new update is available, install it.
There Could Be Server Outage
One of the main reasons for the Fitbit Versa Not Syncing could be the Fitbit server facing outage issues. This issue cannot be fixed at your end. It is the Fitbit website and their programs that are acting up, causing the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ error.
- If the server is down, you probably would not be able to open the Fitbit application.
- Along with that, the user is also logged out of the system and cannot log onto Fitbit’s website for the time being. Syncing the Fitbit Versa is also disabled during the server failure.
The user can only wait for the server to be working again. There is no other way out of this issue. Although the outage is not common, it still does not take too long to be working again.
Also check out how to fix Netflix error code nw-2-5
There Could Some Issues With The Bluetooth
Bluetooth is the medium that connects the Fitbit Versa, or any other Smartwatch for that matter, to the Smartphone. If you are facing ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ troubles, it might be because of a faulty Bluetooth connection.
Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if there is any error in the connection. And make sure that the Fitbit Versa is connected to the device.
Also ensure that there are no other Bluetooth devices around, which might interfere with this connection.
If you have previously used the Fitbit Versa Smartwatch with any device, ensure that the Smartwatch is still not connected to that old device.
- Force Quit the Fitbit App on your smartphone. And Uninstall the application from your Smartphone.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ on your Smartphone and then to ‘Bluetooth’. Turn off the Bluetooth for some time and then turn it back on.
- Go to the Applications store and search for the ‘Fitbit’ application. Once found, download, and install it on your phone.
- Next, fill in the required information in the application. And connect the device to the Fitbit Versa Smartwatch. Ensure that the Fitbit Versa Smartwatch is charged up to at least 60%.
- The syncing can sometimes take up to 20 minutes. Keep the Smartwatch as such till the syncing is not complete.
- Repeat this strategy one more time if the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ error persists.
Another solution to the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ issue is –
- Go to the ‘Settings’ on your phone and from the options, select the ‘devices’. Once you see the connected devices, choose, ‘Fitbit’ and opt for the ‘Forget’ option.
- Then go to the Fitbit app and open it. Wait for the application to ask you permission to pair up with the Bluetooth device. Once prompted, click ‘Allow’. This will pair up the Fitbit Versa Smartwatch to the Smartphone.
Re-pairing will help you resolve the ‘Fitbit Versa Not Syncing’ error.