How Does The Netgear EX3700 device Work?
Netgear EX3700 is a model in the series of Netgear’s Wi-fi Range Extenders. The Netgear EX3700 Wi-fi Range Extender helps you increase the network range and reduce interferences. You can use TVs, computers, gaming consoles, Smartphones etc. with the device. It also eliminated dead zones.
It helps improve the range with Wi-fi up to 750 Mbps. The dual bands on the Wi-fi extender reduces excessive interferences. And the Fastlane technology on the device will help you use both the bands and establish high speed internet.
The extender is compatible with every sort of standard router. The process for Netgear Ex3700 Setup is easy and it generally takes only minutes to finish.
Netgear EX3700 Setup Using The Netgear Installation Assistant –
- Plug the Netgear EX3700 into a power outlet.
- Once plugged in, the power LED will light in green. If the LED does not light, push the ‘Power On/Off’ button on the Wi-fi extender.
- Connect your computer or tablet with the extender using an ethernet cable or via Wi-fi.
To connect the extender to your computer using the ethernet cable, plug in both the cable ends to the ethernet ports on both the gadgets.
- You can connect the Wi-fi extender to the computer by making minor modifications in the Settings. Go to the ‘Program’ and select ‘Wi-fi Connection Manager’. This will direct the computer system to look for all the available devices around. Once the computer detects it, press ‘Continue’. The network would read – NETGEAR_EXT.
Once the extender is connected to the computer, the Client link LED lights.
- Next, open a web browser. Open the Netgear website and go to the ‘New Wi-fi Extender’ link. Click the link. It will lead you to next page. The Netgear EX3700 Setup page will appear.
- You will be asked to create an account. It will ask you to fill in details like, Email address. You will have to set a password to the account. Once you are done with it, move over to the next step. Before you leave the page, click the ‘Next’ tab.
- Make sure that the Access Point or the Extender Switch on the device is set to ‘Extender’. Then click the ‘Continue’ tab.
- The Netgear Genie page will appear on the screen. It will ask you to select an existing network that you would like to extend using the Netgear EX3700.
The two bands are the – 2.4GHz Wi-fi network and the 5GHz Wi-fi network.
If you do not want to use one of the bands, you can remove that by clicking the checkbox. Or if you wish, you can use of the bands. Once done with this portion of the settings, select ‘Next’.
- The next page will ask you to type in the existing network’s security key, sometimes also called the passphrase or the password. Click ‘Next’ thereafter.
- Further, set the password and the network name or the SSID for the Wi-fi extender. It is advised that you use the same Network name and the SSID as the router. This will help you remember the SSID and password.
Wait for the page to show you the list of new Wi-fi extender networks. This usually takes up to few minutes.
Press the ‘Next’ tab.
- Connect your Wi-fi enables gadget to the Wi-fi extender using the SSID and the password. Before moving to the next step, make sure that the device has successfully connected to the Wi-fi extender. Click ‘Continue’ once the devices are connected.
- The next page will show you that the Netgear EX3700 has been successfully connected to the computer. Click ‘Next’ thereof.
- You will be directed to the registration page. Fill in the details and click the ‘Finish’ tab.
If you do not want to register your Netgear EX3700, you can click the ‘Skip Registration’ tab. But if you do not register the device you would not be able to use the Netgear Telephone Service. The status page will display on the screen.
- One the process is complete, unplug the Wi-fi extender and move it away. Place the device somewhere between the router and the computer. The Wi-fi extender should be within the range of the Wi-fi network.
- Plug in the extender into a power outlet. The power LED will light green.
- The Router Link LED can indicate the distance at which the Wi-fi extender has the optimum network coverage.
If the Router Link LED does not light green or amber, it suggests that the Wi-fi extender is not within the range of the Wi-fi network. Place the extender closer to the router in this case.
- Go to the ‘Network’ icon on the dashboard of your computer and select and re-connect it to the Netgear EX3700 device network.
- You can test the Wi-fi range by moving your router or the computer to different spots. Place your computer far from the router, where the network signal is poor.
Check the Client Link LED. If it lights amber or solid green, the extended network is working fine even at greater distances.
And if the Client Link lights Red, the Netgear EX3700 device network does not reach the extended area. In this situation, bring the computer closer to the router. Once you have placed all the three devices, the Netgear EX3700 Setup process is complete.
The steps defined here will help you with the Netgear EX3700 Setup. They have been elaborated so as to make them easily understandable. If you face any issue with the setup, you can refer to the instruction manual.
If you do need our help with something more, you can reach out to us. Our team is active 24/7.