What Is Netgear Wireless USB Adapter Setup And How Does It Work –
The Netgear N300 is a USB adapter that helps you connect your computer or tablet to a wireless N Network. The device is compatible with almost every Computer and tablet model.
The Wi-fi adapter speeds up the internet connection and detects and eliminates the dead spots.
Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Setup Without CD –
When Your Computer Has Pre-installed Drivers –
The Microsoft operating system has in-built drivers that help it connect to wireless adapters. If you operating system already has this driver, you do not need to install any other driver. This essentially reduces the hassle of installing and updating sorts of drivers for ‘Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Setup Without CD’.
The instructions are usually displayed on the monitor once you have finished plugging in the Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter.
The whole process for Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Setup Without CD does not take more that few minutes. If you carry out the process as described here or on the instruction manual, you will finish up the Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Setup Without CD in no time at all.
- See what kind of drivers are need for the Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter, if your computer already has the latest version of that driver you need not bother yourself with any additional step.
if the driver on your computer is not updated, go to the ‘Windows Device Manager’ and update it thereof.
- Place the Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter close by and type in the basic information of the adapter into the system. The configuration process will start off in few seconds.
- Once the Adapter has been configured, your previous wi-fi network would become the secondary backup network. If you wish to change it back to the first option, you can do so by making minor changes from the taskbar.
- If there was no primary wi-fi network, the new Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter will by default be the primary internet network option.
Manually Setting Up The Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Via Ethernet Cable –
Before you start, make sure your internet network is strong. The ethernet cable usually comes along with the adapter. But in case your model does not have one, you can get a loose ethernet cable from the market.
Also keep the instructions manual handy. In case you do not gauge any specification on the setup, you can refer to the manual. You can also look up for various terms that will be used throughout the process.
- Connect your router to the computer using the ethernet cable.
- On the rear of the router, you will see a port for the USB adapter. Plug in the Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter in that port.
- The monitor will display a notification stating that it does not recognize the newly added device. Click on the notification, it will lead you to the ‘Settings’ section. Windows does not allow the driver to update automatically.
From the ‘Settings’, select the ‘Install Driver Software From The Windows If Update Not Found On This Computer’.
- Click on the ‘Install And Update’ tab. Once the installation process finishes, close the window.
- Click the ‘Network’ icon on your taskbar. You will be able to see the newly added ‘Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter’.
- Fill in the network key and add it as your personal network. you can use the adapter as the primary source then on.
Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Setup Without CD Using The Device Manager –
This Setup method using the Device Manager on the computer will only, work if your operating system allows software to update automatically.
If the Settings on the computer do not allow software to update automatically, you are advised to modify them.
- Press the ‘Windows’ or ‘Start’ icon. Go to ‘Computer’ then to ‘Manage’
- Select ‘Device Manager’ therefrom. Then go to ‘Other Devices’, then select, ‘Personal Network/Device Name’. Then go to ‘Update Driver Software’ it will show you the ‘Update available’ option. Click the tab. And the upgradation and setup will be complete.
One of the easiest methods of connecting the Netgear Wireless Adapter to an existing wireless network is by using the Netgear Smart Wizard. The Netgear Smart Wizard is a software helps you configure the adapter using different modes.
These modes differ based on the security feature of your existing wireless network. Following is the method for Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Setup Without CD using the Netgear Smart Wizard Utility. The two different network security features are – WEP And WPA, which stands for Wired Equivalent Privacy and Wi-fi Protected Access, respectively.
Configuring The Smart Wizard Software Utility For WEP –
- Go to ‘Start’ then to ‘All programs’. Search the ‘Netgear Wireless Adapter’ folder, select ‘Netgear Smart Wizard’ thereof.
- The Smart Wizard Utility will appear on the screen.
- Click the ‘Network’ tab. This will prompt the computer to search for all the wireless networks available nearby.
- One you find the desired network, type in the network SSID and click ‘Connect’.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ and under the ‘Security options’ you will see, ‘WEP’. Click this tab and tap‘Enter the security key manually’. type in the security key.
If the Security key consists of 26 characters, set it to 128 bits and if the key consists of 10 bits, set the limit to 64 Bits.
- Go to the ‘Profiles’ section and assign a name to this network. This will help you recognize the network easily. Then tap the ‘Save profile’ tab.
- Click ‘Apply’. This will validate the settings. Once you are connected, go to the ‘About’ tab and check for the IP address.
This method helps the older versions of the Netgear Wireless adapters to connect to the wireless network.
The newer versions use the Netgear Genie software.
These methods thoroughly explain every step that needs to be carried out in order to complete the Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter Setup Without CD process.
If you still need out help with something, you can reach out to us. Our team of experts is always available to help you out with whatever it is that you need our assistance for.