There can be an issue with the Venmo payment or the user may face a failed transaction with an error message. Venmo is a payment app where the user can send or receive money to and from other parties. However, in case of any fault or connection issue, the user may face Venmo Something Went Wrong error and the transaction is left incomplete. Here we will discuss the possible factors that may cause the Venmo error, and how to resolve it for secure and successful payments.
What does Venmo Something Went Wrong Mean?
If you encounter an error message on the Venmo app while making a payment or handling any transaction, then it means that there is some fault or failure within your application. It can be due to internal factors like pending app updates, insufficient balance, wrong account details, etc. Moreover, it can also be due to some other external factors like low internet connection, server downtime, hardware failures, pending phone software updates, etc.
Why is Venmo Saying Something Went Wrong?
There can be various factors that are responsible for the error message on the Venmo app. It can be due to:
- Low internet speed of the network
- Venmo Server is down
- Error due to VPN
- Wrong Account details
- Pending Venmo Update
- Overloaded Cache Memory
- Pending device Software Updates
- Incompatible device
- Blocked account
What to Do When Venmo Says “Something Went Wrong”?
Venmo error messages can be resolved by following a series of steps as below. But before that, you can directly check the solution by restarting the app. For this, close the app and wait for 5 seconds. After that, open the app again and check for the solution. Else, follow the steps below in series and check for success after each step:
Check the Network Connection
Firstly, check the network connection. You can perform the online speed test to check the network speed and improve it accordingly to resolve the error. Perform these steps below:
- Disconnect the device from the network.
- Refresh the network or restart the router.
- Connect the device again to the internet. Make sure to place the router close to the phone while connecting the device.
- Finally, restart the Venmo application and log in to check for success.
Switch from Wi-Fi to Mobile Data Network
In case the internet speed of the router is still low, then disconnect your device from the router and connect it to the mobile network. Login to the Venmo app and perform the transaction to check the success. If still, you are facing an issue with Venmo Something Went Wrong, then move to the next step.
Check Venmo Server Status
The error Venmo Something Went Wrong can also be due to some server issues. If the Venmo server is down, then it may not work and the app may show an error. To resolve the issue, you need to contact the Venmo executive and ask for the response time of the server. After that, you can continue with the transaction successfully.
Disable VPN (Virtual Private Network)
If the user is using a virtual private network, then also you may face an issue. VPN hides the location and other identifying details of the person, but Venmo requires location access to work with the payments and transactions. So, to fix the error, first, disable the VPN and then check the Venmo working properly or not.
Logout and Login to Venmo App
The user can also try to resolve the issue by logging out of the Venmo app and then logging in again after refreshing the app. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, go to your account.
- Click on the logout button.
- Close the Venmo application.
- Clear the cache memory.
- Open the app again.
- Sign-In to your account using your credentials.
- Finally, check whether the issue of Venmo Something Went Wrong persists or not.
Update the Venmo App
The Venmo error message can also be due to an outdated application. So, to fix the error, you need to update the app and then follow up with the transactions. So, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the App Store or Play Store of the device.
- After that, search for the ‘Venmo application.
- Check for the Update button next to it.
- Click on it to update the application and wait for its completion.
- Finally, open the app and check for success.
Update Phone Software
Next, you can try to fix the Venmo Something Went Wrong issue by performing any pending software update on your device. So, follow the steps below to proceed:
- Firstly, open phone Settings.
- Then, navigate to Software.
- Click on it to open it.
- Check for updates and click on the update button.
- Wait for it to complete.
- The phone will restart automatically after the update.
- Open the Venmo app and log in using your credentials.
- Check for success.
Check Venmo App for Bugs
The failure or the error message of the Venmo app can also be due to any bug present in the app. So, you can scan the app to remove the bugs. Alternatively, you can reinstall the application as below:
- Firstly, hold and press the Venmo app icon on your device.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Go to the App Store or Play Store of your device.
- Search for the Venmo application.
- Click on the Install button, and wait for it to complete.
- Finally, open the app and log in to your account for success.
Contact Venmo Executive
In case you still face the Venmo Something Went Wrong issue, then you can take expert help by connecting with the Venmo executive. Call the Venmo expert on the customer care phone number and the assistant will help you to fix the issue.
Why does My Venmo show an error message?
The error message on the Venmo app can be due to various factors affecting the application like low internet speed, outdated software, hardware faults in the device, wrong account credentials, a bug in the application, an account blocked by the operator, and much more. To resolve the issue, you need to take proper action against the actual cause of the issue.
How to Reinstall Venmo Application?
In the case of the ‘Venmo Something Went Wrong’ issue with Venmo, most of the users prefer to reinstall the app to resolve the issue. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the phone and navigate to the Venmo app.
- Press the App icon and click on the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- After that, go to the Pay Store or App Store.
- Search for the Venmo app and click on the ‘Install’ button.
- Open the app and check for success.
More helpful guides: