Lenovo Laptops are highly demanding and reliable machines that are suitable for all purposes. These laptops work efficiently and with fewer chances of any damage and failures. However, the user may face a Lenovo Laptop Camera Not Working issue while working on it. There can be various reasons for the problem like the camera being damaged, privacy settings being blocked, camera driver issues, windows issues, and much more. Here, we will discuss all the factors that may cause the error in the failure functioning and what are the steps to resolve the issue using expert troubleshooting steps.
What causes Lenovo Laptop Cameras to not work?
The issue with the Lenovo Laptop Camera can be due to various reasons as below:
- The user has not selected the camera in the current program.
- The program is not recognizing the camera
- Another program is using the laptop camera
- Error in the camera driver
- Privacy settings block the camera
- Windows is failing to recognize the camera
- Defective camera
- Error with the laptop firmware
So, these are the possible reasons for the issues with the Lenovo Laptop camera. You need to configure the exact reason and then follow up with the desired solution for it.
What to do if the camera on your Lenovo laptop doesn’t work?
There are various troubleshooting steps that the user can follow to fix the camera issue. You can follow these steps in series and check for the solution after each step. So, follow the steps below to fix the issue.
- Firstly, check that the camera is turned ON. To turn ON the camera, check for the switch that re-opens the camera. After that, check that the camera is not disabled.
- Check the settings of the laptop camera. The error can be due to non-selecting the camera in the program. So, to resolve the issue, go to the app settings, and then activate the camera on it.
- Thirdly, resolving the conflicts of the software in your system. To resolve the issue, look at the camera’s orange light indicating the issue. Make sure that no two programs are using the camera at the same time. You can allow the camera to be used only by one application at a time.
Change the privacy settings of the laptop to enable the camera.
For this, follow the steps below:
- Go to windows, and search for “Camera Privacy Settings”.
- Switch the radio button to ON corresponding to the Camera.
- This will allow access to the camera.
- After that, check for the program that you want to use with the camera.
- Finally, click on the next button.
Check that camera is running actively.
For this, go to windows and then click on the Camera app. Check for the app to display the camera and is working accurately. After that, check for the solution to the issue Lenovo Laptop Camera Not Working.
Install Camera Updates
Also, the issue can be due to the pending updates. To update the camera, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the windows update.
- Go to Apps.
- Open the Camera app.
- Click on Install Updates.
- Restart the laptop.
- Finally, check for the success of the error Lenovo Laptop Camera Not Working.
Reinstall the Camera
The user can also try to fix the issue by reinstalling the camera. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, open the search button of the windows.
- Click on Device Manager. Click on it to open it.
- After that, open a list of devices and expand it
- Search for the ‘Camera’ option.
- Perform a right-click on ‘Integrated Camera’. Right-click on it, and after that click on ‘Uninstall Device.
- Click on ‘Delete Driver Software.
- After that, click on ‘Action Menu’.
- When it opens up, click on ‘Scan for Hardware changes.
- The integrated camera will appear on the screen.
Adjust Privacy Settings
The user can also resolve the issue by adjusting the privacy settings of the camera. For this, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, open the windows search box.
- After that, click on Camera.
- Click on ‘Camera Privacy Settings.
- After that, click on Allow apps to access your camera.
- Switch the toggle button to ON.
Retest the Camera
Sometimes, the privacy settings are may interfere with the camera and you may face an error. Resetting the camera can help to solve the issue. To reset the camera, follow the steps below:
- Press the F8 keys of the camera.
- After that, open the Lenovo Vantage.
- Go to quick settings.
- Check for the camera to be enabled.
- Click on the enable option to check for success.
How do I get the camera to work on my Lenovo Laptop?
To make the laptop camera work efficiently, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, click on hardware settings.
- Click on Audio/visual.
- After that, scroll a little and navigate to Camera Privacy Mode.
- Switch the toggle to the OFF position.
- Check for the camera enable and disable switch to ON and OFF the camera.
- Enable the switch and check for the success of the Lenovo Laptop Camera Not Working.
Why is the Camera on My Lenovo Laptop Not Working?
Check the laptop and search for the camera button on it. Press the F8 key thereafter. Click on the button to switch ON the camera. Now, check whether the camera is working or not. If still the issue persists, then the issue can be due to other factors like outdated drivers, software issues, more than one app using the camera, etc.
How do I activate the Camera on Lenovo Laptop?
To activate the camera, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, click on the Start button.
- After that, click on Apps.
- Select the camera from the list of Apps.
- In case of multiple cameras, switch between the cameras to check for the solution.
Why is my Laptop Camera Laptop Showing a Black Screen?
There can be various factors for the black screen of the camera such as the camera being damaged, software issues with the camera, privacy settings blocking the camera, windows failing to recognize the camera, defective camera, camera not installed properly, laptop software issues, and much more.
More helpful guides: