Is your paypal app constantly crashing or not working on your smartphone? Then don’t worry, I was facing the issue with paypal app on my smartphone. So I decided to look for ways to troubleshoot this issue. After completing my research I was able to fix the PayPal issue and get it working on my smartphone.
In this post, I’ve shared all information you need for fixing PayPal crashing, not working problem on your smartphone.
Why is PayPal crashing?
Paypal can stop working or crash due to one of the reasons mentioned below
- Outdated app.
- During outage
- Corrupted cached data
- Internet issue.
These are some known issues due to which PayPal can start crashing on your smartphone. But don’t worry we have got some troubleshooting steps for this problem.
What to do when PayPal is not working or crashing?
Check your internet
If your internet connection is slow or not working, then you can face issues with the paypal app. Below I’ve shared some steps to consider for troubleshooting internet issues.
- Make sure your internet is working, check this by opening a webpage or by playing a youtube video.
- Check your internet speed at speedtest.net, if your internet is slow then try restarting your device by following the next step.
- Unplug your router from the power, wait for 10 minutes then turn on your router. Now check your internet speed.
- If you are using your wifi, then try using your mobile internet for using paypal.
- If your internet is not working, then contact your internet service provider for troubleshooting the network problems.
Once the network problem is fixed, you’ll be able to use your paypal app again.
Reinstall the paypal app
Some users were able to fix the Paypal crashing or not working problem, by reinstalling the PayPal app. This is very easy, you can follow the steps for reinstalling PayPal on your smartphone.
- Remove PayPal from your device.
- Now restart your phone.
- Go to the app or play store.
- Now download the latest version of PayPal app for your smartphones.
After reinstalling paypal log in to your account and check if the issue your were facing is resolved.
Clear Cache and Data of Paypal
If PayPal is still crashing or not working, then you can try clearing the cache and data of the PayPal app. This will clear the corrupted cached data of the PayPal app, which can fix the crashing issue.
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Now go to apps.
- Now select the PayPal app.
- Force stop the PayPal app.
- Now go to the storage option.
- Now clear the cache and data of the PayPal app.
Open the app and log in to your account and check if the issue is resolved.
Update Paypal App
Not updating the app frequently can cause issues like freezing or crashing. Updating your PayPal app can fix issues like crashing and freezing. You can easily update your app by following the steps below.
- Go to the play store.
- Search PayPal and select it.
- Now download and install the update (if available).
After updating the app, check if the issue is resolved or not on your device. If not then make sure that the firmware of the device is up to date. If not then go to device settings and look for software update/update/firmware update option. Now if the update is available then install it on your smartphone. Restart your phone and check if the crashing issue is resolved or not.
Check for Paypal outage
You won’t be able to use the PayPal application on your smartphone during an outage. If the PayPal servers are not working or there is an outage in your area then you can face crashing issues with paypal. You can visit downdetector app and check if the status of PayPal there. If you see an outage then wait for some time, once the issue is fixed you’ll be able to use paypal on your smartphone without any issues.
Close Paypal and Restart Your Device
Some users were able to fix paypal crashing problem by relaunching the paypal app. You can follow the steps below for restarting paypal properly.
- Close the paypal app and close any other app running.
- Now restart your smartphone.
- Now launch the paypal app.
Check if the crashing or not working issue is resolved. If not then log out of the paypal on your device and restart your phone. Now launch paypal and log in to your account and check if the issue is resolved.
If the PayPal is still not working on your smartphone, then you should consider contacting paypal team. The paypal team is available 24/7, you can contact the paypal team for issues like crashing, freezing etc.
More helpful guides: