PayPal is a secure and reliable mobile payment application that works with full accuracy and integrity for all your transactions. You can send and receive payments within seconds using the PayPal application. However, the app may sometime face an issue and display an error message on the screen as “PayPal Something Went Wrong”. This error can be due to various factors that may affect the functionality of the app. Here we will discuss all the factors that are responsible for the error message on PayPal and how to troubleshoot and resolve the error easily.
PayPal Something Went Wrong Error Message: What does it mean?
The PayPal error message represents an issue with the app which restrict it from the overall functionality and the user to make the payment successfully. The error tells us that there is some internal or external error with the application. The user has to configure the actual cause of the error and then follow up with the troubleshooting steps to resolve it successfully.
PayPal says something went wrong. Why is that?
PayPal errors with the payment or transaction can be due to the following reasons:
- Overloaded Cache Memory
- Low internet connection
- The incompatible browser or device
- App bugs
- Incorrect account details
- Incomplete registration
- Server downtime
- Blocked account
- System errors
- Outdated device software
- Outdated PayPal application
PayPal Something Went Wrong: How to Troubleshoot and Resolve
There are various ways by which you can resolve the error with your PayPal and continue with the payment successfully. You need to first focus on the exact cause of the issue and then follow the step required to resolve it. Otherwise, you can follow the below steps in sequence to check and fix the issue successfully. Here are the steps to follow:
Relaunch PayPal App
Firstly, restart PayPal to refresh it and release the memory. To restart PayPal, close the current window, and open PayPal again. Login to your account using the actual credentials and check for its success.
Resolve Internet Issues
Secondly, the user can try to resolve the issue by checking the internet speed and improving it if it encounters a low internet connection. This may resolve PayPal Something Went Wrong. Follow the steps below to check and improve the speed.
- Perform an online speed test.
- In case of low speed, disconnect the device from the network.
- Restart the router.Place the device close to the router in which you are using the PayPalCheck for success.
- Also, you can try to shift to mobile data if you are running PayPal app on your phone.
Clear Cached Memory
Another way to proceed with the successful PayPal transaction and fix the error message on the screen is by releasing the Cache memory. It is because the overloaded cache memory may not be able to perform further transactions. To release the cache memory, follow the steps below:
- Open Chrome
- Click on the More option.
- After that click on ‘More Tools, and then click on ‘Clear Browsing Data.
- Choose the time range for which you want to delete the cache and cookies.
- You can also select ‘All Time’ to delete them all.
- Check the boxes corresponding to “Cookies and other site data”, and “cached images and files”.
- Finally, click on ‘Clear Data. Check for the solution of PayPal Something Went Wrong.
Remove App Bugs
Another factor that is responsible for the error message on PayPal is the bugs and errors present inside the app. So, to resolve the issue, you need to remove the bugs using the antivirus of the device. Also, you can reinstall the PayPal application for the solution.
Check Account Details
Also, if the user enters the wrong account details for the PayPal account, then also it may face an issue with PayPal Something Went Wrong. To resolve the issue, check that you have entered the correct login details and then proceed.
Check For Paypal Outage
There can be server downtime due to which the user may face an error while working on PayPal and making any transaction. So, to fix the issue call the PayPal executive and ask about the responding time of the server if it is down. You have to wait for the server to respond and then proceed with the PayPal transaction.
Use Other Browser
Another factor that may interrupt the proper functionality of PayPal is the incompatible browser or the device on which you are opening PayPal. So, you can try to resolve the issue by changing the browser or arranging another device that is compatible with it. After that, check for the success of PayPal Something Went Wrong.
Update Phone Software
Pending software updates can also alter the functionality of any App. So, if you are using PayPal on your mobile phone, then first update the phone software and then perform the PayPal transaction. Follow the steps below to proceed:
- Open the phone ‘Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Software’ option and click on it.
- After that, click on the Update option.
- Wait for the Update to complete.
- Finally, restart the phone if it has not been restarted by itself.
- Check for success.
Reinstall PayPal App
Lastly, if nothing else works to resolve the PayPal Something Went Wrong error message of your PayPal, then you can try to reinstall the app by following the steps below:
- Firstly, click on the App icon and hold it for 2 seconds.
- Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button
- Wait for the app to disappear from the home screen.
- Now, open the App Store or Play Store.
- Search for the PayPal application.
- Click on the Install button next to it and wait till its completion.
- Again, go to the home screen.
- Click on the PayPal icon to open the app.
- Login to your account using the accurate credentials.
- Check for success, and proceed with the payment or transaction.
Contact PayPal Executive
If you are facing any difficulty to resolve the issue by your self then you can prefer to take expert help from paypal. You can call on the official toll-free phone number and talk to the representative for the solution.
More helpful guide: