LG TV is a reliable and productive device with a high-quality display and sound. But, sometimes the user may face an “LG TV No Sound” issue due to some unresponsive factors. It can be due to cable issues, speaker problems, and hardware faults. Here, we will discuss all the factors that lead to the error and how we can troubleshoot and fix the issue so that you can hear the TV sound clearly and enjoy your shows. At first, it is important to check the cables, connections, settings, and audio output of your television before assuming something is wrong with the hardware itself.
What are the Common Causes of LG TV No Sound?
There are a few common reasons why your LG TV might have no sound. Check the list below:
- Mute Volume
The most common reason is that the volume is muted. There can be a chance that you have pressed the mute button by mistake and there is no sound.
- Speakers are OFF
Another common reason for LG TVs’ no sound is that the speakers are not turned on.
- Wrong Audio Settings
There may be something wrong with your TV’s audio settings due to which the sound may not be clear or there can be no sound.
Troubleshoot and Fix LG TV No Sound
There are various ways by which you can resolve the No Sound issue with your LG TV. You need to first configure the exact cause of the problem and then follow up with the troubleshooting steps to fix it. So, follow these steps below:
Un-mute the Volume
To check if the volume is mute, look for a button on your TV remote that has a picture of a speaker with a line through it. If this button is pressed, the volume will be muted. Press it again to unmute the volume and see if that fixes the problem.
Turn ON the Speakers
To check whether the speaker is ON or OFF, look for a button on your TV remote that has a picture of a speaker with two arrows pointing at it. This button will turn the speakers on or off. If they are turned off, simply press the button to turn them back on and see if that fixes the problem “LG TV No Sound”.
TV Audio Settings
Follow the steps below to access these settings,
- Firstly, go to your TV’s menu and navigate to the “Sound” or “Audio” section.
- From here, you can adjust several different settings such as volume, balance, treble, and bass.
- Experiment with these settings until you find a combination that sounds good to you.
If you’re troubleshooting LG TV No Sound issues, make sure to check all of the connections. Check that the HDMI cable is plugged in securely and that the audio input is set to the correct source. You can also try unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue.
Check Audio Outputs/Inputs
If your audio sounds choppy or you’re not getting any sound at all, the first thing to check is your TV’s audio outputs and inputs. Here are the steps to follow for checking the Audio Inputs and Outputs and resolving LG TV No Sound:
- Check the back panel of your TV to find an Audio Out jack, Digital Optical Out, Line Out, and HDMI Out. Check that all the connections are secure and tight.
- If using HDMI connections, ensure that the correct audio settings have been selected for each input. This can usually be done through the TV’s settings menu.
- If connecting via a regular 3.5mm headphone cable or RCA cable, make sure the correct type is being used for the device connected to your TV.
Check Audio Drivers
Also, out-of-date or corrupted audio drivers can cause LG TV No Sound or even prevent sound from working at all. To check for updates to your audio drivers,
- Firstly, open the Device Manager and expand the “Sound, video, and game controllers” section.
- If there’s an update available for your audio drivers, follow the prompts to install it.
- If there is no such update, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.
- To do this, open the Device Manager, right-click on your audio driver, and select “Uninstall”.
- Finally, reboot your computer and Windows will automatically install the latest version of the audio driver.
Check TV Software Updates
If you face LG TV No Sound, then see if there are any software updates available for your TV. To do this,
- Firstly, go to the LG website.
- Enter your TV model number in the search bar.
- After that, select “Downloads” from the menu and look for any firmware or software updates that are available for your model.
- Finally, download and install them according to the instructions on the website.
Reset the TV
If nothing else works, then reset the TV to its factory settings. Follow the steps below to reset the TV to its factory settings and fix LG TV No Sound.
- Firstly, go to the “Settings” menu on your TV.
- Navigate to the “Reset” option.
- After that, select “Factory Reset” and follow the prompts on-screen to reset your TV.
- Be aware that this will delete all of your saved settings and data, so you will need to set up your TV again after doing this.
Why is there No Sound Coming Out of my LG TV?
There can be various reasons that the LG TV has no sound, like wrong settings, hardware problems, wrong settings, and pending software updates. Here are the tips to fix LG TV No Sound:
- Make sure that the volume is turned up on both your TV and your external speakers.
- After that, adjust the audio output settings on your TV. To do this, go to the Menu > Settings > Sound > Audio Output.
- After that, plug in a different set of speakers to see if they work. If they don’t, then there may be an issue with the audio input on your TV.
- Lastly, contact LG customer support for assistance.
Why does TV have a Picture but No Sound?
If you’re troubleshooting your LG TV and you’ve determined that the issue is with the internal components, then you’ll need to replace those components.
- First, you’ll need to identify which components are not working. You can do this by visual inspection or by using a multimeter. Once you’ve identified the faulty components, purchase their replacement parts.
- After that, disassemble your TV so that you can access the internal components. Be sure to disconnect all power sources before beginning any work. After that, replace them with new parts.
- Be sure to reassemble your TV carefully and double-check all connections before powering it on again. Lastly, check for the successful resolution of the LG TV No Sound issue.
Why does my TV Suddenly have No Sound?
If your LG TV has no sound, there are several possible causes and solutions to address the issue.
- First, check if the mute button on the TV itself is turned off. If it is, simply turn it back on and the sound should return.
- Next, check all of the cables connecting your TV to any external audio devices. Make sure that each cable is securely plugged in at both ends and that none of the connections are loose.
- Also, there may be an issue with the TV’s internal speakers. To test this, you can plug in a set of headphones or external speakers into the audio output port on your TV and see if you can hear sound that way.
How do I Restore the Sound on my TV?
To restore the sound on your LG TV, you need to follow up with some steps to make it work effectively.
- Firstly, check to make sure that the LG TV is turned on and that the volume is turned up.
- If still there is no sound, you may need to adjust the audio settings. To do this, go to the LG TV menu and select ‘Settings’.
- Then, select ‘Sound’ and adjust the ‘Audio Output’ setting. If you still can’t hear any sound, your LG TV may have a hardware issue.
- Lastly, contact customer support for assistance.