CBS is a streaming platform that is used by a large number of users for watching videos, shows, movies, series, and live shows. It telecast high-quality content. To use the CBS streaming services, you have to download the CBS and activate it for your device. Without activation, you can not stream the videos on the CBS platform. You can follow up with the activation process online at cbs.com/androidtv. The screen will ask you for the unique activation code that you will get from your device upon successful registration and subscription. So every step is connected to another. You have to follow the entire process of downloading, registration and activation to start streaming the CBS services seamlessly.
Android TV System Requirements for CBS
To use the CBS services, you have to first download the application and then proceed with the further process. For downloading, the device must be compatible with CBS to get success. Here we will be discussing the system requirements that you have to meet to download the CBS app on your android device.
You have to arrange an android TV with the operating system as 4th generation or higher to run the CBS videos and other media. You can then download the CBS app on the big screen TV and use it. You can also check the system requirements at cbs.com/androidtv for your reference. The list of Android TVs that support the CBS app is as follows:
- TCL Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Air TV
- Mi Box
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Nvidia TV
Downloading CBS Application on Your Android TV
Downloading the CBS app is the first step for telecasting the CBS videos on your smart TV. To download, make sure that you use only the authorized sites to avoid any failures in the future. You can prefer to download the CBS application from the Google Play Store. Follow the steps below:
- Switch ON your Android TV, and connect it to the high-speed internet connection.
- Now, search for the CBS application on the Play Store.
- Click on the download button corresponding to the app.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
- Proceed further for the installation and activation process at cbs.com/androidtv.
While downloading the app, make sure that you are using an active internet connection. If you are not able to download the app directly from the play store, then you can visit the online official CBS website and download the app from there. Make sure that you always download from the authorized link as CBS does not guarantee the success of the app downloaded from an unauthorized site.
Installation and Activation of CBS at cbs.com/androidtv
Now, you have to install the CBS app by clicking on the downloaded link, or the app icon. Connect your system to the internet and then perform the installation and activation steps. Follow the steps below to install and activate the app.
- Click on the app icon that appears in your channel list or the downloaded app section.
- Now, go with the flow of the instructions to install the app.
- Tick the checkbox corresponding to the terms and conditions.
- Now, open the app and click on the ‘Create Account’ button using the remote keys.
- Enter your name, email address, phone number, and other details and fill out the entire sign-up form.
- Log in to the app using your credentials.
- You can also sign in with the TV provider.
- As soon as you perform the login, the screen will display you an activation code. Note the code, or remember it for future use.
- Now, switch ON your computer, laptop, or PC.
- Connect it to the internet connection.
- Type the link cbs.com/androidtv.
- The screen will ask you for the activation code that appears on your TV screen.
- Type the same code in the bank field at cbs.com/androidtv. Make sure to write the exact match as the code is case-sensitive.
- Hit the Activate button.
- The system will start to process and match the activation code. If the code matches successfully the screen will show the success message. Enjoy streaming unlimited videos on the CBS platform.
- If the code does not match, then follow up with the troubleshooting process to resolve the issue and again perform the activation at cbs.com/androidtv.
Troubleshooting and Resolving the Problem – CBS Activation Failure
There are some reasons for the activation failure that you have to consider and check. Take the appropriate action as per the problem and start streaming the CBS videos successfully.
- Check the Internet Connection
Make sure that you are connected with a high-speed internet connection throughout the process. If there are any fluctuations on the internet, then you can place the router close to the device. Do not overload the network by connecting too many devices at the same time. Reconnect your system with the internet by disconnecting it for a few seconds. Now perform the activation at cbs.com/androidtv and check for the success message.
- Device Compatibility Issue
Another main reason for the failure of the activation process is the compatibility issue. If your device is incompatible with the CBS services, then you will not be able to stream the videos and activate the channel successfully. So, match the system requirements before proceeding with the activation process. If the device is incompatible then you can resolve the issue by arranging the device that is compatible with CBS and then performing the activation at cbs.com/androidtv.
- Mismatch of Unique Code
Sometimes, while copying the unique code, you may write one or more words with a mismatch leading to failure of the activation process. You have to write the activation code with the exact match. Do not get confused between the words that appear to be the same such as ‘0’ and ‘O’. Also, check you write the code by considering the case sensitivity of all the letters.